LEMONOC Training Session & Community of Practice
The LEMONOC team has developed a training session for professionals involved in learning mobility in the global South. On 12 May 2016 we offer a selection of sessions by experts on community development and action research.
Moreover LEMONOC aims to become a community of practice, open to all stakeholders in learning mobility who wish to discuss trends, potentials and challenges, and share their ideas and experiences. On 13 May 2016 we plan a ‘kick-off’ meeting in which all potential partners can brainstorm together on the baselines of a further sustainable cooperation on learning mobility.
Thursday, May 12, 2016: Training session
9:30 am – 12 am: Participatory Action Research in non-industrialized countries by Barbara Van Wijnendaele (UCLL)
- How to prepare students to set up an adapted participatory action research in low income countries?
- How to develop the capacity of the community through participatory action research?
12 am-1 am.: Lunch
1 pm – 2:30 pm: Valorization of global involvement and civil competences in the home community by Soetkin Bauwens (VVOB)
- How to support students in the development and organization of public support activities for development cooperation?
- How to bring civil competences in practice?
2:30 pm.-3 pm: Coffee Break
3 pm-4:30 pm. Two cases: Intervision on the LEMONOC-criteria by Karine Hindrix (UCLL)
Friday, Mai 13, 2016: Community of practice
9:30 am-12u30 am: Brainstorm session in order to develop an adapted community of practice guided by Carine Drijkoningen (professional trainer Itineris)
- Learning cycle: awakening- absorption – action learning;
- Definition of the goals;
- Dialogue about the engagement of the participants;
- Different forms of communities of practice;
- Definition of the roles;
- Timing – planning;
- Financial implications.
1:30-2:30: Conclusions & next steps